You'll be making pottery in the style of the Romans. Did you know pottery was an important part of daily living in ancient Rome? They used earthenware clay to create a huge number of cooking pots and fine wares.
You’ll make your pot using the traditional technique of coiling then we’ll cover it with a coloured slip of your choice before you engrave or carve out pictures, patterns or words!
This workshop lasts 2 hours.
We have workshops every Friday morning during school holidays in 2020 and the studio is open Tuesday - Saturday. Did you know we can offer this project as a party or to a group another time if you can’t make the advertised workshop? Contact us to arrange a better date.
- £16/child £20/adult making per project including slip decoration and firing*
- age 7+ unaccompanied
- 6 and under welcome with one free of charge adult helper
- adults can book to make their own project
After firing in one of our kilns your pot will be ready to collect within 2 weeks.
If you're visiting the area on while on holiday contact us here to check project is suitable for posting BEFORE booking.
This is our 10th Anniversary year so follow us on Instagram and Facebook and find out how to enter our monthly competitions via our website to win pottery experiences every month this year!
HOW TO BOOK:
Click the 'JOIN' button above to go to the registration page.
Choose the tickets you'd like
Payment is via PayPal (you don't need an account)
Your place is NOT confirmed until payment has been received in full
If you have any problems with booking or payment - let us know
Important Booking Conditions:
- Spaces are limited and places are not confirmed until you have paid in full
- If you find yourself unable to attend, a refund less 25% can be offered if you let us know more than 14 days in advance
- In the unlikely event that Tarka Pottery cancels the workshop, a full refund will be given